Soiled

Photo by Avinash Kumar on Unsplash


She can feel the traffic of ants using her body as a highway. Blink. Her fingers clutch some of the cold soil. Blink. 

Wait, perhaps I should start at the beginning of this gruesome scene. 
A scene more women and girls experience than you think. 
They say things can change in the blink of an eye. You won’t believe it,’ till it happens to you, as Lady Gaga sings in her famous song. 

From across the room, this odd-looking little white box looms at me. Blink. Obviously intrigued I launch myself closer to this mysterious arrival. Blink.

There is only a split second of hesitation before I pry open this white cube. Blink. It looks like Jimmy Neutrons HyperCube. Blink. It is very strange. Blink. Once open the sound of angelic voices flood my ears. Blink. And then. Blink. It is like Alice tumbling down a water well. Blink. 

Although, at the bottom of this pit, alongside the mould covered soil awaits a fragile, ash-coloured body. Blink. The hair sticks to her neck like soda spilt on a tile floor. Blink. Her nail tips have a black french manicure, due to the dark soil compressed under her nails. Blink. There is a twitch as she fights back the infinite white light. Blink. She is more alert to her environment. Blink.

Her blue eyes flutter open. Blink. She whispers. Blink. Run. Blink. Blink. And then I feel its cold hand in the nape of my neck. Startled.

Comments

Popular Posts